Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A house divided.

If you don't live in the south, you may not fully be able to grasp the enormity of college football season. Its big. Its beyond big. Its a lifestyle. You sport your teams colors every way possible, dress your poor children in your team's colors, fly your college's flag outside your house and Saturdays are spent with your TV on or tailgating from dawn to way past your normal bed time. In my house our team is the Gators. We bleed orange and blue. Our whole family does. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers. We all went there and as far as a lot of us are concerned, there isn't another University. So, imagine our surprise when my cousin who just graduated from UF this past week decided to go to grad school....at...the University of Georgia. Its hard for me to even type that and even harder for me to make the following items in the colors black and red. I actually had to go buy fabrics with those two colors because I didn't have any...really!
So, here they are. Full size place matts. Two orange and blue and two in the ugly colors of black and red. I'm actually really excited about how they turned out and can't wait for her to get them! I know I said I would have some ready to buy in the next couple of days but lets make that in the next couple of weeks instead. I've been busy making something else (look for a post on that late tonight!)


No comments:

Post a Comment